Tuesday, July 21, 2009

so long, yet so short

I was reluctant to leave him and immediately upon leaving him, regretted that we had to part ways.

I am depressed as of late.

It's getting harder to wake up in the mornings.

He doesn't like seeing me down and tries his best to encourage me but I'm too tired to think of ways to be cheerful.

I would rather not ride the tide because this tide, it's causing me to feel anxious and agitated. I would, if I had the choice, choose to curl myself into a ball and disappear into oblivion. A better alternative would be to have him hug me tight.

I would rest my cheek on his warm, firm shoulder and inhale the light scent of his perfume and forget about the world.

Can you believe that it's only been three months? We started going out mid-January and only decided to go steady in April. But it feels so, so long owing to the many hours we spend together every day.

All of a sudden, it feels like so many things have happened and that there will be many more to come. We have gone on holiday two months ago. There are two more trips to come and we will be "moving in" together next month.

There are talks of taking the relationship further but that, is still pretty much uncertain. We are waiting to see how it'll go by the end of the year and I hope I'm not being one-sided in this.

Every day, I have a person to fall back on. He is my most special person, you know? He holds my hands and gives me hugs. Whenever he smiles and the corners of his eyes crinkle, I reach out a hand to touch those crinkles. I like resting my cheek on his shoulder.

He'll always catch me, you know. I'm sure of that. He will never let me wander alone. He will always catch up, you know? And I'm certain as certain that he only has eyes for me. I know. I just know because I don't have to worry with him.

But I hope that he will cut down on the cigarettes at least.

No comments: