Thursday, July 2, 2009

there is only you and i tonight

We ran in the breeze, two spirits as free as the earth and as whimsical as butterflies. Then, we came to an abrupt halt, pausing to catch our breaths as we laughed in between gasps of air.

We lay down on the soft grass, the scent of musty earth permeating our sense of smell. You heaved your body next to mine. I observed the gentle rise and fall of your chest and I watched your pretty lashes as they gently brushed the top of your cheeks.

I reached one hand up to caress your hair, tousled in the wind. You brought your face close to mine and dropped light kisses all over my forehead, my cheeks, my nose and my lips.

I smiled and you smiled back.

In my heart, all I felt at that moment was joyful bliss.

You kissed me again, on my mouth this time, and we were the only two people in the world that night.

No comments: