Monday, January 5, 2009

ham, we shall have

I've gotten quite, quite bored of having bread with margarine (fake butter) and cheese every morning so after work, I made a short detour to the supermarket and got two stacks of ham - smoked chicken and chicken bologna. And not forgetting, my favourite 'goreng' instant noodles and a package of McVities Digestives - because I'm back to constipated mode again, despite guzzling plenty of water and hot green tea every day.

How did your new year's celebration go?

Mine was... quite ho-hum.

Over the weekend, I went to the fish spa for the very first time and had the skin of my feet nibbled on by vile-looking fish. Gosh! Their eyeballs were so close to me! That was by far, the most unnerving experience ever. When the fish (some as big as my palm) clustered about me, it looked as though there were fish tumours sprouting from my ankles. Yuck.

And then I went for karaoke, which is always a fun thing to do.

That's the gist of it, I guess.

Oh, a friend got engaged like what, a day after her elder sister's wedding? I thought the idea of my friends getting engaged would send me into a mad frenzy but guess what? I felt... rather calm. I'm happy for my friend and I think it's really great for her but perhaps, because I've mentally pushed the deadline for my engagement to Mr He-Who-Will-Be-Hubby to thirty, things like this don't faze me anymore.

There's plenty of people I know who've already given birth even and I think that's pretty gross. Babies scare me. They drool too much.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying things as they come. I'm still open to possibilities of getting into a relationship but there's none suitable for me now, so I'm just being Miss Scandalous.

It's fun. It's naughty. It's being bitchy and satisfied all at once, emotions cast aside. This time, there's nobody getting hurt - at least, it wouldn't be me.

No comments: