Saturday, June 20, 2009

getting domesticated

Have I cooked for any of the other guys I've dated? Not really. I only made spaghetti and cheese omelette for the first guy because we were studying away from home and occasionally I wanted to eat something that tasted like it came from home - no matter how tasty food at the restaurants are, they just have that quality of taste that I call the 'restaurant food taste'. Maybe it's the seasoning that they use.

So it's a bit strange that suddenly I want to cook and make things for Noel. Last week I had him and Nadirah over for a lunch of Japanese curry rice and potato croquettes. I plan to make him homemade beef burger patties next. I'm also planning to get my mom to teach me how to make a few other things.

I even have a plan: Make the stuff on my off days, pop them in the freezer and then get them all fried, baked or whatever when I want to make a lunch delivery for Noel.

I wanted to make Japanese curry rice again yesterday but since I woke up late I thought it'd be nice to get sushi for Noel (the other reason being I wanted to have sushi for lunch) instead.

Besides yummy, I'm also thinking nutritious. I don't know about you but on my part, it is so not healthy to always have fish and chips with fried rice, a bulls-eye egg and a large helping of mayo every day for lunch and then some other greasy variety of rice and stuff at night. And there's hardly any veggie or fruit in my diet - no wonder I'm always constipated.

And so, I shall find a bottle of Pride balsamic and lemon salad dressing and also deliver salad to Noel's office! Maybe some fruit too.

Gosh. I'm getting sooo domesticated. Worse, I'm also developing my talents as a masseuse girl. Dammit it's all Noel's fault.

No comments: