Monday, December 22, 2008

here we go again

Ah, the games people play. Otherwise known as the 'let's see who can manipulate whom better' game.

It's a game I wouldn't bother playing because it's a dangerous game where you are treading on the fine line between manipulating and getting manipulated - and a higher chance of getting manipulated there - if you don't know how to play your cards right. I dare say it does give me the thrills though, the risque nature of the game but to constantly be on your toes, watching out for the red herrings AS you throw out YOUR red herrings to the other party and crouching low, waiting for the bait to be taken as you prepare to move in for the kill.. man, it's just tiring. Too much work.

So I don't understand why there are people out there who like to play the deception game - with several different people.

Wait a minute. Suddenly I've this sense of deja vu. Have I posted something about this before?

It's a game of risky dice, which one gets addicted to fast. Never mind that I've lost at this game once before. Like the foolhardy gambler who's just caught on to the tricks of the trade, one learns from experience when's a good time to throw in the chips, raise up the stakes, and cash in on the money. And if I lose some.. well, there's always some spare cash hiding in these pockets..

And we roll the dice.

No comments: