Monday, December 8, 2008

hey, yoda!

Today's a public holiday and I've decided to spare a few hours of my life today doing the most bourgeois thing a person of my standing in society could do - lepak in Starbucks. So here I am, my ass nicely warming up my wooden seat as I take delicate sips of my Christmas edition Toffee Nut Latte, iced with whipped-cream, and surf the Net like practically everybody else in this particular branch of Starbucks.

Ah, to be bourgeois. But it is a luxury I could only hope to afford perhaps twice a month until the money in my bank account runs low. God knows what I've been wasting my money on. It ain't Starbucks. Well, not really.

The fact is, I wouldn't even be here today (with two younger brothers in tow - and I also had to buy them a Starbucks drink each too) if not for the stupidity caused by Streamyx. Yeah, we can't use the Internet at home. Why? Who knows. Anyway it's been like that for some days and honestly, it wouldn't have bugged me so much (I've been keeping myself entertained by building myself an empire of lemonade stands in Lemonade Tycoon 2) if not for the other fact that is, I have to e-mail something to the office.

The other option I have is to actually drive the half-an-hour distance to the office and send in my document but that would have been stupid since the time spent at the office would only amount to a little over five minutes. So why waste time? Might as well go to Starbucks, waste my money, get myself on a caffeine high, contribute to the economy, make the world go round, send my document, download some comics and then well, get back to Lemonade Tycoon 2.

So here I am. Lame lame lame lame.

I love my Toffee Nut Latte.

By the way, did you know that if you put a picture of a tapir underneath your pillow, it would eat all your nightmares? Cool, huh?

No comments: