Monday, November 17, 2008

absolute destiny apocalypse

Depressed one day and happy the next.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm going to die soon. Sometimes I wonder if he'll get run over by a truck soon.

That's kinda cool.

Woooo. He got run over by a truck - a flower truck, no less! Can I poke his corpse then? Poke poke. Poke poke. With a big stick. Icky.

Anyway, I've been entertaining myself by reading the later volumes of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. I'm at Volume 72 now. Crazy, huh? There's up to 92 volumes to date and that's all good because I've all ready run out of books to read. Books are too expensive and I've all ready utilised this month's book allowance. And next month's.

So. Jojo.

It was by pure chance that I started picking up on the series. Ages ago, my brother accidentally bought the wrong manga title. And he bought the third volume, which was awful to read because of all the gruesome scenes. But that's Jojo for you. Just like how the other action manga of that era were. Like Fist of the North Star.

But well, what the heck. If you ended up reading the third volume, no matter how gross the story was, you just have to backtrack from the first volume to find out what makes the story so gruesome to begin with and then of course, you can't stop after that because there are so many other volumes after the third just waiting to be read. Then before I knew it, I reached the second part of the Jojo series and then the third, and that was when it became really exciting.

I just love the whole concept of Stands - what each Stand can do is unique to each individual so you have a Stand that can stop time, a Stand that can magnetise objects, a Stand that can kill you in your dreams, etc.

If I had a Stand, I want my Stand to have the power to manipulate minds which I think is the best kind of power to have. It's better than being invisible and it's better than being able to fly. If I can manipulate minds, I can easily get people to hand over their money without a fight and I can easily tell them to lie motionless in the middle of the road while I wait for that great flower truck to speed by and run them over.

Yeah, that's cool.

So where's that flower truck?

No comments: