Friday, March 13, 2009

the clueless penang trip

The worst thing about going on vacation is not knowing what you want to do - which was precisely what happened during the last five days (Mar 9 to 13, 2009) in Penang.

I can list you the things I did there - played Silent Hill: Homecoming for some hours on Elayni's PS3 before I ran out of health drinks and got KO'd by a zombie nurse, amused myself on Elayni's stepper exercise contraption at random times, got a pedicure and had my toes painted a shade of strawberry milkshake, straightened my hair, had a massage at the seaside, sipped a Sex on the Beach at.. the beach, bought fake CDs and DVDs, walked out one day with camera in tow and got horribly lost on foot, and had my future predicted by an astrologer for a whopping RM90.

In between, I met Elayni's course mates and ate at whatever place I was brought to. Most hours were spent till the wee hours of the morning doing the designs for Elayni's profile page that's going into her yearbook. It looks spanking great, of course. At least my IT degree did not go completely to waste.

Then I couldn't sleep for all the nights there at Elayni's place because I was scared of sleeping all alone in a dark room with a scary closet and a scary mirror and scary dogs barking outside.

The other bit is that I never got to meet any cute guy although Elayni's guy friend was exceptionally entertaining. Oh yeah.. during when I got lost, I got hit on by a black dude. I was just ambling aimlessly when this dude walks up and asks me if I'm Japanese. I said 'no' and then he asked if I could speak English. I shook my head. Then:

"If anybody asks, just tell them I was talking to you OK? I wasn't doing anything - just talking. And by the way I'm African-American. I come from America," he said, then with a little wave he just ran off.

That was.. bizarre.

And I still regret that I didn't get to meet any cute guy.

Fucking damn.

No comments: