Sunday, March 8, 2009

never too late to start

When it comes to anti-aging products, I mean.

Last week, a contact from a PR agency had sent me a package of products from the newly launched Dermaheal skincare brand. I've never heard of Dermaheal before but the key distributor here also has brought in other brands like Dermalogica, Averine and Clinelle - which I trust to be reputable brands (and I love Averine's makeup) - so I think it's cool that I got five actual-sized products from Dermaheal's anti-aging range.

But five kinds of creams to slap on my face every morning and night sounds a bit tedious - and I've always wondered if the skin really does absorb all the stuff that gets onto it - so I gave two products to my mom. Some day cream and serum. So I got this thing which I believe is a toner (it's called the Skin Delight Solution), a moisturiser (Skin Delight Emulsion) and a dark spot preventive cream (Skin Delight Spot Corrector).

I've only used the products for a few days so I'm not too sure of their efficacy. Products are packaged in simple white boxes with grey accents and text. The bottles containing the creams are in transparent cylinders - but you can't see how much cream you have left because that is contained in a pearl white cylindrical container within the transparent bottle - with a silver pump on top to avoid contamination through direct contact on skin and a transparent cap.

I don't have wrinkles really anyway. But the brochure says that peptides are also good for eliminating pimples and reducing scars through faster regeneration of new skin cells.

Well, that's what all the brochures say anyway.

I just ran out of toner and moisturiser and heck, I know I'll never go out and buy these Dermaheal things (if they're going to cost as much as Dermalogica's stuff, then probably not) so I'm happy with the timely gift.

In real life, I'm not too much of a sucker for freebies. Half the time, I end up giving away the freebies I get because they're not worth jumping for joy over.

Movie tickets are wasted on me. I've already got three thumb drives to my name and a 30GB portable hard disk drive. I don't wear super-sized T-shirts with company logos on them. I don't wear football jerseys. And I've already got a mug cup that I love to bits - a Panasonic-Beijing Olympic mug with the panda mascots on them. The Panasonic logo just had to ruin it all.

No comments: