Saturday, April 11, 2009

he's just not, ok

For some weird reason, I've been hanging out with Kalsum a little bit more often than I would have in the past. We watched that movie, He's Just Not That Into You today.

It wasn't exactly something that would win Oscars or Grammys but it was a good movie. Light-hearted. Fun. There were some sad moments. Moments that I could relate to from experiences I've had.

I wonder if I'll get a boyfriend soon.

Anyway, me and Kals were making jibes at each other about how lame it totally looked, two girls, watching a movie based on a self-help book that tells you how a guy isn't interested in you if he doesn't call after a week. So well, I guess to all the couples who were in the movie hall with us, I guess we came across like a pair of losers.

Then Kals and I pondered about the possibility of even getting married.

"I can't die yet. I still haven't... married yet," Kals said.

There was a good two-second pause.

"You were going to say you still haven't had sex, weren't you?" I asked.

We laughed like idiots.

Anyway, there's this guy I'm seeing. Seeing as how different people have different time-lines when it comes to events in their lives, I should say that we've been going out for about three months now.

I was telling Kalsum today that maybe he used to be a nerd when he was younger, like, a long time ago. My reasoning? He has a habit of dodging questions by trying to create something funny out of them and when he does answer, he gets all vague-like. Well, I guess being reporters, we do understand the power of how words can be used against yourself once you've made your stand and opinions official by uttering them out loud.

But Kals thought it all spelled a dodgy character. Yes, I'd like to think so too. Would it be safer to write the guy off as a suspicious person with a lot of things to hide than to ponder much about whether I'm just reading too much into the small things?

I know you're reading this. You better be careful else I'll make your name public.

No comments: