Saturday, April 18, 2009

let's shoot my dad

Oh no...

This is why I hate talking to my dad. Because. Today. He decided to pursue with The Talk. Which goes something along the lines of, "One day you will get settled down too but it seems like you are shunning away all the men in the world because you are too fussy".

Maybe.

But what my dad doesn't realise is that my choices, will need to accommodate what he finds acceptable or not but of course, he usually acts like he doesn't remember the other times when he objected after I told him about the guys I was going out with. Like the police dude. Or the younger Indian dude.

My mom just laughed at him and said, "Parents will always never agree with the kind of partner their kids bring home".

My dad thinks a great place to meet guys is at the mosque.

Oh wow. I see a Muslim-centric self-help book for finding love in the making already.

What happened to... the bookstore? Dome? Starbucks? Ballroom dancing classes?

My dad says: Age ain't important. Money ain't important. It's all about the heart.

So I asked him about going out with someone fifteen years my senior. He said: I'm sure you have your ideas about what's acceptable and what's not. Duh. So obviously age does matter. Huh.

So I let something slip. And he clammed up pretty fast. My mom was alright though.

Geez. My cousins are getting married. Schoolmates have gotten married, are getting married, are pregnant, are having kids. GET DIVORCED ALREADY!!!!

So I have an excuse to prolong marriage for as long as I possibly can.

No comments: