Monday, April 20, 2009

no title

I'm confused.

You say you don't want to be a third wheel, yet you say that I neglected you. That I ditched you. Was the first part your PR answer?

And I should let you know that I never ever said to a single soul that you were interfering in my then budding friendship with your colleague and friend.

In fact, I really have no idea why you are shunning me. You told a mutual friend that you felt left out because me and your drinking buddy were doing things without you. My reasoning is this: People just don't bring a third person out on dates. It may make us uncomfortable. It may make you uncomfortable. We didn't want you to feel 'left out' as the third wheel. And most importantly, don't you think it's healthier for two people to explore a relationship on their own without the aid of a mediator?

If we had planned a party and invited a bunch of people but purposely forgot to invite you, yes, I believe you have every right to accuse me of neglecting you. If I had ceased all form of communication with you for an entire month just to go out with this new guy then you, I believe you have every right to accuse me of neglecting you.

Unfortunately, let me remind you that we never held a party without you. We only went on dates meant for two people, which I believe is the norm anywhere else in the world. (And if we had wanted to double date, we would have definitely invited you and your police dude along. Unfortunately, neither of us are into double dates so that never happened.) Also, you confided in our mutual friend that I'd been neglecting you THREE days after we had hung out with you for a karaoke session. Wow. If it takes such a short time for you to feel neglected, you must be a pretty insecure person. I never really pegged you for one.

So now you're so ticked off at me you don't even want to remain anywhere within a five-foot radius of where I stand.

Rather than you, I think it should be me who's supposed to be ticked off.

I consider you a good friend, and I'm pretty sure you did the same despite bossing me around to drive you to places and sorts, and I expected that you would tell me what I had done to wrong you instead of deciding to give me the cold treatment by starting with ditching me for dinner on my birthday, of all days.

How can I apologise when I have no idea what I did wrong? And I have called you and texted you numerous times. I even apologised without knowing why I needed to. Yet you ignored me. Even when our friend's dad died, you totally chose to ignore my calls and texts when all I wanted to ask of you is for us to put our troubles away for a bit so we can both be there for our friend in need. Are you that petty a person?

I did finally get a reply from you. You said you were having a personal problem and you admitted that you were avoiding me. You added that you will keep in touch with me soon.

I never answered to that. What do you answer to a text like that anyway? Sure? Take your time?

And it's been three months now.

And you're ignoring only me, not the guy.

Don't forget, you were the one who persuaded me to try my luck with him. I am, of course, thankful for your generousity. Usually you'd be the one to hog the guys all to yourself despite having a marriage candidate in tow.

Maybe things would have been different if the guy had decided to peg me for a loony and nothing came out of our dates. You'd be free to hog him all to yourself and treat him as your maid-friend. You'd also be free to have me at your beck and call, right?

But I'm sorry lady. I'm not your boyfriend and he isn't too. So all you have now is that police dude and all the other male floozies who'd love to sleep with you to manipulate and treat as dogs.

Tough luck.

No comments: