Saturday, September 20, 2008

achievement of the day

Yesterday, I lost my temper. I made mistakes. Someone got really pissed with me. I think the friendship's broken for good. I went home depressed and went straight to bed, because depression makes me tired, and took a nap hoping that it's the kind of nap that spells forever.

But eventually I got up because some friends pestered me to do something and not mope around. So I joined some colleagues, former and present, to celebrate a colleague's last day at work at a club.

It was exhilarating, not because of drink, not because of the music, but because I was in very good company. We laughed, we bitched, we traded stories and my last few hours of the day was instantly a whole lot more perkier thanks to their encouragement.

I may not be all that fab now, but there will come a time. I know it.

And I danced, for the first time in public. It wasn't so scary after all, because I was with people whom I felt totally at ease with. That's another check on my list of things to do in public to bolster my self confidence.

I think I can move on easier now.

No comments: