Thursday, September 11, 2008

moving on, moving forward

Have I moved on? Have I? Have I?

Or I am merely in a dilemma? (Still? Gosh. Can a person be in dilemma for THAT long?)

One thing's for sure, although there are certain things that I can't get out of my mind, moving on has been a surprisingly, liberating move.

The stress that I once used to associate with the workplace has diminished and now I just couldn't care as much if the other colleagues are gossiping in a circle (which does not include me) because hell, I don't think they have any reason to gossip about me anymore now that I am just me, myself, the colleague who does her own work and minds her own business. Even if they wanted to gossip about me, there's hardly enough material to go around anyway so what, they want to take a stab at my clothes? Go ahead. At least I'm not fat and don't wear clothes that lovingly display rolls of fat or a paunch that more fittingly belongs to someone who is pregnant for two months.

I can talk to whomever I want. Joke. Laugh. Talk to the male colleagues and not worry that he will get offended! Even if he is, then so what? He used to offend me a lot by talking to certain female colleagues he knows I am clearly wry about so why should I care about his feelings anymore?

At the end of the day, we are just... friends. I don't know how it is from his side. But so what? Friends have the honour of offending friends. So if he can offend me, I can offend him. And nobody goes to bed all hot and bothered.

No comments: