Sunday, May 17, 2009

attack of the floozy

My friend, OK, let's cut the crap. My BOYFRIEND, insists that the floozy is merely being friendly but what is a girl to do in times like this when she suspects that the floozy is not just being friendly but that she's also being incredibly flirty to her man?

She is a PR person and he, a journalist. It's only natural that they will meet up for work-related purposes and occasionally have a bit of 'catching up' from time to time. There are times when a professional relationship can move into the thresholids of a friendly relationship and even into a romantic or even a sexual relationship (or both, or the last three combined or maybe even all four), and he insists that theirs is somewhere between the first and the second, or is it both?


Anyway. Fact is, a girl always knows when another girl is trying to move in on her man (you just know because the mere mention of the suspected-to-be-dangerous floozies will automatically raise the unseen hackles at the back of your neck) and I just know that the floozy isn't safe to be around.

In other words, she needs to be ELIMINATED.

And I am more certain than ever because I snuck a look at some of the texts she sent him (by the way, he knows because I got into an argument with him a few days ago when I was interrogating him about the floozy, which were, incidentally, about the contents of the texts she sent which led him to conclude and me admitting that I'd broken into his phone's inbox) and c'mon, a girl (who writes for a living) knows when a text message contains flirty nuances and when it doesn't. (I shall not mention what was written in those texts that I read to conform to my oath of privacy.)

Yes, he insists that I am the only girl for him and that he will never get caught in the arms of Miss Floozy and while I believe him, I do not trust the floozy one bit. I mean, you never know with some women. Some just never give up even when they know the guy's not going to give you a second glance and what is the presence of a girlfriend to them anyway? That just makes it more of a challenge, doesn't it?

But I could be wrong. Maybe. Although my stubborn heart tells me that I can't possibly be.

Isn't it tough being in a relationship? When the absence of a partner gave me loneliness and boredom, now the presence of one gives me much reason to doubt and be afraid! Why, I ask myself? Why? Do I not believe that I am special enough?

No comments: