Wednesday, May 6, 2009

my joyeux noel

If I thought that I couldn't possibly embarrass myself any further in front of my new-found friend - what with my crazy antics, tongue-slips and tripping over my own feet by the sidewalk - I totally pulled off the biggest embarrassing moment of my life by getting all teary-eyed on his shoulder.

That was totally unexpected and uncalled for.

I don't make a habit of pulling diva stunts like that in public or even in the presence of my closest friends (and I can be a diva at times) and it's been ages since I last cried, for real. The bawling incident after I elbowed The Dog in his midsection doesn't count. That was an upset episode I had. Last night's was more of the emotional kind.

I can't remember exactly what was said to me. They were special things and nice things and encouraging things. Touched, I lunged for him and then suddenly the tears came. I was so embarrassed that I laughed out loud.

I think he was freaked out though. (But he wouldn't admit it.)

It's been too long. Too long since I last cried with feeling, good ones, not bad. Too long since someone touched my heart as he did. Too long since I can call myself a 'girlfriend'.

If anyone asks, I'm going to say that I'm going to have a Merry Christmas (Joyeux Noel) this year. If anyone asks, I'm going to say that he is my special friend.

But if he asks then I'll just be saucy and say to him: Noel, will you like to have me for Christmas this year?

No comments: