Saturday, May 30, 2009

unpretty but tolerable


I'm having my period and so, I am experiencing the most grossest things a girl has to go through every month. Like, the constant flow of blood, sometimes mixed with congealed blobs of bloob that would have turned into a zigot had the egg been fertilised (today, something that looked like a miniature version of the chuuka iidako or baby octopus came out!) and diarrhea for the first few days of menstruating. I'm being absolutely gross here but the grossness factor just doesn't end there.



Try wearing a sanitary pad, damp with blood and pressed to your skin the entire week. It's gross. A cleaner option is to wear a tampon but many do not have the courage to get it up into the vaginal canal clearly because it can be quite the traumatic experience, what with blood flowing down your fingers while you are shoving the thing in as deeply as you can.

Anyway, my mom and two youngest siblings jetted off to Japan this morning. They must have reached my grandma's place by now.

So here I am, being minimally domestic. Cooking nuggets, doing the laundry and feeding the pets. I'm going to make Japanese curry rice and potato croquettes for when Noel and Nadirah come over for lunch sometime soon. And I bought a box of strawberries to indulge myself.

AND!!! I got myself a red double decker bus charm for my Tomas Sabo charm bracelet! It cost me a friggin' RM259 but oh well, I bought it on a whim because it reminded myself of London and all, the time we went to the London Zoo and then the squirrels bit my finger at this little roundabout with a single tree on it and then they nicked my London Zoo edition zebra-icing Dunkin Donut.

I wanted the cherry charm but they didn't have stock. Dammit.

I think Noel's eyes near bulged out when the saleslady announced the price. It's ridiculous to be paying so much for a trinket, yes, it's not even gold and I could get something for that price, like a simple pendant at Poh Kong maybe but there are times when a girl must reward herself, because who else will? Besides, it is MY money. I didn't ask Noel to buy it for me (unlike the typical girlfriends who will insist on a pricey gift every month or else, boohoo, my boyfriend doesn't love me anymore), by the way.

Speaking about Noel, he's jetting off to Mulu for work tomorrow. Three whole days without me! Oh bliss! (For him, yes, definitely.) I'll have to try my best not to bugger him because he'll want to spend all that time hanging out with the orangutans.

No comments: