Monday, May 4, 2009

pog and me: part 1

How do you educate a Hedgepog? I was playing with Pog this morning and letting it roam all over my jean-clad thigh and guess what? It left a smudge of green poo in its wake. Ewww... short of yelling at the thing, there's no way I could smack it because that would be more pain for me than for the prickly critter so I hurriedly dumped it back in its home, rushed to the loo to wipe the poo off and then rushed off to work.

But before I left, I gave instructions to my mom to get the hamster ball Melisa lent me cleaned up so Pog could have a walk around the house. Its home is, while spacious, is a dull enclosure with four transparent plastic walls. Everytime we take it out, it will sniff at everything and want to roam all over the place. Keeping an eye on it all the time is tedious. The cat's up and about and we don't want poo all over the space. The hamster ball is a protective way for it to go about and since it's big enough, we don't have to worry about looking into every little nook and cranny for the little guy - if we ever lose sight of it.

I used to have a hedgehog soft toy when I was a tot. My mom thinks Pog looks just as the toy did. I think Pog is lovely. I love its little snout and I love its little legs. It has two beady black eyes that glisten and a soft underbelly. I love Pog. Pog's going to live to be fifty. Now, it's only three-months old and eating dry cat food like nobody's business.

The only regret I have is that I can't take Pog with me to bed. It's too prickly.

No comments: