Thursday, May 21, 2009

white radish

Sebelum saya bermula, ingin saya katakan: I am very privileged to have Down's Syndrome and that my mother didn't shoot me in the head at the age of five or else, I would never have heard of the exciting event called DaiCon, by EMiNA Cyberjaya (of which I was a member of). I am also very privileged that I am not able to satisfy any girls with my dick because I do not have a dick in the first place.

Anyway, DaiCon. Hebat man. When was the first time we had our disastrous event? That must have been in 2004 or 2005. I forgot. It's great that STAD is now taking EMiNA seriously, even going as far as to let them use up a big portion of their budget to organise an all you can eat pizza party! Great stuff.

I remember the days when we couldn't even get the university's buses to shuttle students to Bon Odori and then Otter, as president, had to fork out about RM300 to pay for the buses.

I also remember the days back in Melaka when I followed Syaoran on his rounds to submit paperwork to the people in STAD to get them to approve our weekly anime screening sessions and stuff, back when EMiNA was only in its first year of inception.

Everything was all difficult then, so small scale. But the people who made it happen, are those who incidentally did all the tough stuff (people like Syaoran and his founding gang, Legolase, Kakashin and the rest who first organised EMiNA's first ever cosplay event), created a 'brand' for the club, and then for the event (like GACC, as an example) and now, boom! People actually drive all the way to obscure places like Cyberjaya and two hours away to Melaka to attend their events.

It will be strange, attending Daicon. After a good three years of non-cosplaying (unless you count the appearance on TV3's MHI last year), coming back will feel a bit out of sorts for me. I'm older now, for one, and most of the new cosplayers are kids averaging seven years younger and below.

But I'm still keen on showing my friend what cosplay is all about and I'm also lending support to whatever friends I still have left in EMiNA Cyberjaya.

5 comments:

Lich King said...

Yay mayb i can c u there
:)

M said...

Yes, you will and maybe then you can teach me how to do the special dance. (Cos I dance like a turkey with its head chopped off!!) LOL. :)

Lich King said...

lol
r u goin for the gacc too?
u heard from a fren of mine they goin 2 bring down a sieyuu or 2 there,hehehe...

(non-stop convincing my fren 2 go 2 daicon now,hahaha)

M said...

My friend said the seiyuu is a confirmed thing, I checked out the DaiCon website too. But if they manage to bring two, that'd be even more worth going to. :)

Lich King said...

http://clowonline.com/?p=514

lol din notice i wrote u actually i mean i on my previous comment

check dat website. dat person said
MINORU SHIRAISHI is comin, but i dunno is true or not